In February 2012, shortly after an amazing tour of Japan, GREEK FIRE drummer and longtime STORY OF THE YEAR drum tech Johnny Venus was diagnosed with Leukemia. As anyone can imagine, this devastating news came as a complete shock and rocked the entire camp to the core. Johnny is fighting the battle of his life, and even in these darkest of times his incredible courage and strength inspired Johnny’s fellow band mates to write a song about this profoundly difficult and emotional journey.
The song, "If this is the End (The Sound of Belief) was utilized for a video GREEK FIRE released via YouTube on May 15th, 2012. The video was made for zero dollars by a group of amazing and selfless individuals that donated their time and talents with no thought of reward or payment, and the result is a heartfelt and emotional offering of hope and support for anyone, anywhere who has experience with cancer. Greek Fire is releasing this video in hopes that it can help people find the courage and strength to fight with all of their heart, and that there are people everywhere in the world fighting with them. That is the mission: HOPE. Please share this video with as many people as you can. Nothing will make Johnny Venus and the band more proud than if it can help someone, somewhere, in some way.
ALL PROCEEDS FROM THIS SONG GO DIRECTLY TO THE JOHNNY VENUS LEUKEMIA FUND!
GET IT HERE:
- givethepenguineyes reblogged this from greekfire
- lupoitaliano reblogged this from greekfire
- letslivetonightlove reblogged this from greekfire
- omshantiserena likes this
- upsetandneedtovent reblogged this from omshantiserena and added:
- revengefrankiero reblogged this from greekfire
- dreamisnotover reblogged this from greekfire
- peace-ces-of-me reblogged this from greekfire
- omshantiserena reblogged this from thingsithinkandoffensivewords
- thingsithinkandoffensivewords reblogged this from greekfire
- fuckyeahgreekfire reblogged this from greekfire
- greekfire posted this